Monday, August 25, 2014

Learning All Over Again...

I have been using the same trusty ol' Dell computer for about 6 or 7 years now. Its had a rough life... The battery stopped holding a charge, and the only way to use it was to be plugged into the wall. Not long after, my old version of Photoshop stopped running. I was still using Photoshop CS4 folks. Very outdated, I know. But if it works... why fix it. Right?
I finally broke down and got a new computer over the weekend. I'm not too sure if I will EVER get used to this Windows 8.1, but I have no choice but to try. All of my photo editing software was very outdated, and wouldn't transfer to the new computer. I finally had to upgrade from Photoshop CS4 to this new Photoshop CC. And the Photomatix that I was using, was still version 3.  We are now on 5..... I have no good excuses to give for never upgrading. I was just really good with what I had, so I never saw the need.
                          
Once I was able to install all of the new versions of my editing software on my new computer, I decided to play with a few photos. Above is a Horseshoe Crab that we saw on the beach during our recent visit to Sullivan's Island. 

Below you will see a beautiful late morning shot of the beach itself. 

These are two different shots of the Lighthouse on Sullivan's Island. I have never had the opportunity of seeing a lighthouse in person before this trip. The first shot was taken at sunset, and I was up next to the lighthouse. The second shot was taken early in the morning from the beach.






No comments:

Post a Comment